Blogs I Love… The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl
This was the first blog I ever read. I can’t remember exactly when I started to read it but it must have been when I first decided to lose weight back in 2007 or maybe when the book was released in 2008. Although it really feels longer than that, but I doubt it as before that I didn’t care about healthy living.
Why Do I like this Blog?
Shauna is funny, honest, witty, intelligent and I relate to a lot of it. I won’t say all of the things Shauna writes about I relate to as that would be a lie, but there are a lot of things I would like to thank her for writing about.
Looking back to where I must have started to read the blog at some point during 2007 or 2008 and have had a trip down memory land. I love that Shauna writes and uses photos to illustrate rather than tell the story. I love reading and being able to let your imagination run wild is all part of the fun.
Posts I love from the last few years:
- I am human and I need to be clothed – currently going through the same frustrations
- There Will be Spread sheets – Shauna shares my love of Spread sheets
- I’ll Huff and I’ll Puff – totally here right now
- Intuitive Eating – What and Why? – first introduction to this
- Scott the Strawberry – I’m not alone
- Foam Roller – I really want to try one of these
- Moon Walk Tips – When I do a moonwalk I’ll be coming back to this post
- One Hundred Push Ups – I gave this a good go, got a bout half way
- Not At All Half Assed Interview with Jennette Fulda – next blog to feature!
- The Long and Whining Road
- Old Dogs New Tricks
- Exercising in Winter – there is no excuse
- How Diet Girl became Not-On-A-Diet-Girl – where I currently am
Looking at the very beginning of the blog is amazing. I can only hope to still be writing a blog 10 years down the line. I would recommend reading the book to get Shauna’s whole story.
Through this blog I have been introduced to a the world of blogging and have found some amazing blogs I follow regularly and blogs I trust to point me in the right direction for one off posts on specific topics.
The main follow on from this blog is the Two Fit Chicks and a Microphone podcasts. I would definitely recommend checking these out. I laugh right along with Shauna and Carla (aka MizFitOnline) as though I am there. Again this has been a great way of being introduced to the wider world of blogging.
Go over a take a look at this blog!