I’ve been thinking about motivation today. It’s a tricky one as everyone has different motivations and goals.
Motivation is the driving force by which human achieve their goals – Wikipedia
This shows that if you don’t have a goal you won’t be motivated. A few things in my life now make sense where I have been doing things without really having a goal in mind and no wonder I have not succeeded at anything because I have set myself nothing to achieve!
In the past I realised I always had a goal:
- 2007 was travelling around New Zealand which I wanted to lose weight and get fitter for
- 2008 I was getting fitter for trekking the Inca Trail in Peru
- 2009 I didn’t have a goal and started to put on weight and do less exercise
- 2010 I was training for Kilimanjaro
- 2011 the goal post keep changing
This year has been rubbish. It is already the end of July and apart from my holidays I can think this year has blurred into day after day. This is quite sad as I want to live life to the full everyday (well as much as possible).
Motivation for achieving a goal is one thing, but what about motivation living life to the full everyday?
After reading Kepa’s post earlier today I have taken inspiration from him and written myself some goals for this week:
- Finish Book Club Book & make notes for book club
- Tidy TV room
- Eat Healthily and Track
- Buy & read a magazine I haven’t read before
- Prepare for Counselling Session
- Research getting my own domain
- Book annual leave for August – completed before I left work 🙂
- Exercise 5 times
I suppose my overall goal at the moment is to get ready to go to Canada in January, but that is too big to think about. Over the next few months I will be breaking it down and adding the smaller goals to my weekly goals.
I think this might become a regular post. Thanks Kepa for the idea and the motivation 🙂